Discuss Help with removing tiles from rendered bathroom wall. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mutley racers

Hi guys, am new to this froumn and am in need of some advice.

Basically i am a plumber. I have just taken on a bathroom job. Not tiling, but, removing tiles. Now i tell you what, i have never come across tiles that won't come off the wall.

Basically, i have tried every chisel possible. Even a tile remover in my hilti, and the tiles won't come off. They just fall apart into little pieces. Well just the surface of the tile at the front. The rest stays stuck to the render.

I honestly don't know what this guy stuck his tiles on with. They are not coming off. And it is just breaking all the render off the wall when i do eventually get some of the tiles off. It literally is taking 5 mins a tile. And they are 3 by 3 inch. And, i have a whole bathroom to do.

Has anyone on here got any secrets tricks to get the tiles off?

Any advice would be much apreciated.

Regards

Mutley

M

mutley racers

Oh i see. So, some have said that it would be best to just strip it all right back to the bare brick. Then dot and dab some aqua board and then the tiler can tile onto that. But, he is now only wanting the area where the bath is to be tiled. So i guess he would have to get a plasterer for there i guess.

It's going to be one of those jobs.

A mission with no money

S

Stef

212.jpg 045.jpg 046.jpg 091.jpg 092.jpg 094.jpg 095.jpg 208.jpg 210.jpg
Posted on your other thread, rip it all out & dryline new sheets on.
This is my shower room (or will be when i can get my plumber)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help with removing tiles from rendered bathroom wall. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB