Discuss Help with stripping slate floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nicfar

Hi, i have lurked on here and got some great advice for tiling my nephews bathroom floor. So i am hoping that you wonderful people will be able to help with my own slate kitchen floor.

I presume it was laid about 2007 when the house was built. We have been in around 2 years. The surface is starting be be difficult to keep clean, staining and looking dull.

However i would like to make sure i use the right products for stripping it back. How do i work out what products is on in the first place?

The 3rd photo shows a part that was particularly soiled which i attacked with a steam cleaner which seemed to take a coating off and it was a bit tacky, if this helps. I have attached some photos in the hope it will help.

Thanks in advance.
20130517_154316.jpg 20130517_154429.jpg 20130517_154343.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help with stripping slate floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, We washed our Indian slate floor with stone floor cleaner and whilst it has cleaned them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB