UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Help with tile identification and cleaning in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Runner20k

Hi

I am in the process of decorating my house and have discovered the original hallway tiled floor after removing laminate a tatty carpet and even tattier underlay (most of which was stuck to the tiles)
The house was built in 1927 and this is the original floor as built new.

I have cleaned a small area with HG heavy duty remover, which has removed a lot of dirt and grime. The black tiles look pretty good but the white/cream tiles have not come up well at all. It is as if the colouring from the underlay has stained the tiles and left blotchy pathes ???

The black tiles are rough to the touch but the white ones are very smooth and seem a harder material.

I have attached a few pics and would appreciate any info on what tiles these are and if cleaning is a possibility. If it can be done which products are best and techniques etc

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to advise etc

Mark Brick Sizes.jpg IMG_1037.jpg IMG_1039.jpg IMG_1038.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help with tile identification and cleaning in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought a house dated around the 1920/30s and found black and white tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.