Discuss Help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Would suggest some tris to discount tile warehouses who stock end of lines and old tile styles. However, ties do not just crack over time and you ought to determine why by have cracked. Dot and dab, poor substrate, movement etc. if you did it wrong four years ago fair enough, nowt to b embarrassed by and something to learn from. i do loads of diy and have made some right bang up mistakes over the years but is there any point in throwing good money after bad. Four years is practically a practically new floor for tiles after all.

B

Bubblecraft

Hi & welcome. You will be lucky to get the same tile 4 years down the line. Don't take this the wrong way but If your tiles were fitted correctly, the wouldn't be cracking all over the place. Replacing the individual tiles will not solve your problem. Either the wrong type of adhesive was used, substrate was incorrectly prepared or tiles were fitted incorrectly.

My advice would be to rip up & start again. Tiling is the easy bit, correct perpetration takes time.

Should you wish to go down this route, we would be more than happy to advise the correct preparation.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB