Discuss here is a bit of what I got up to today.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Evening all.......

this job has been a bit of debacle!...to say the least........it started off with a leaky wetroom........when I started to lift it (weeks ago), this is what I found:

img1968p.jpg

I had to remove the floor and the bottom course of tiles as they had gone all sqidgy.......and then I removed the backerboard on the floor and found this:

img1969n.jpg

as everything else seemed good.....i was a little shocked to find plastic DPM nailed to the ply sub floor!......oh well........

I originally quoted for a like for like replacement........and the client threw the original linear drain away (it was dirty, apparently!).......so they got a new one (not the same!)....so it dont fit!........

so the first thing i did today was test and see if the new could be married to the old.........not a chance in hell for several reasons!

44xl.jpg

cut the pipes and move on!!!!

m9ky.jpg

pipework re routed......backerboard on the wall against the studs......and the mosaic tile replacements are miles off flush!!!!

d50c.jpg

I think this (tiny) job will grow and grow!

hehhehehehehe

C

Colour Republic

Was the basin and waste sharing a waste pipe before? Are you proposing to do the same? I'm struggling to work out how you are going to connect up given the alterations you've made to the waste?? but early days I suppose

Ahh the flow is in the opposite direction than I thought maybe.

Does the waste exiting the picture top right service something in a different room? I assumed that went to the soil stack at first

P

Protilers

Evening all........

how are you all finding grafting in the heat?.........I cant cope......its killing me...anyway......here is what went on today:

00fa.jpg

idzl.jpg

3hjg.jpg

it turns out the wall tiling is a bit "blobbed"......because I had to pack the wedi out off the stud with horseshoe packers in order for the mosaic to come flush in the future!!!

oh well........its another day in a tilers life........ tomorrow I have to go to church!!!!...............................

no seriously, tomorrow I am in a church in London.....hhehhehheheheeee

all the best

Lee

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to here is a bit of what I got up to today.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB