Discuss HG 14 protective coating satin finish: advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Dear Tilers
Had a lovely hearth put in with black quarry tiles, everything was going well I had put on one coat of the HG14 and it had dried nice and clear.
It then rained and as the chimney wasn't sealed ( getting a stove installed) rain/ soot came down chimney onto the tiles.
Today I have tried to clean the tiles with hot water and now when they are dry they have a grey/ white residue that won't come off...
I have tried scrubbing but if anything it's got worse. I don't think it is a case of excess sealant as I have read in other threads, I wonder if its to do with the sealant getting wet, or to do with my cleaning today???
They are supposed to be fitting the stove tomorrow but I'm worried I need to sort the tiles first.
Thanks in advance
Dan

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to HG 14 protective coating satin finish: advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows what the thin web-like coating on Harmony Nador tiles is made of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB