UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi all. New to Forum from Scarborough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pear tree

Hi all, I`m a plasterer and Tiler and have been for a number of years. Came across this site and looks like you`re all a friendly bunch.
Has anyone had problems with drying times with Gyvlon floors? I`m waiting for a floor to dry out which has been a few months now. Have used correct methods of testing and drying(has underfloor heating) but can`t get below 85%.
I know I need to be at around 75% to be able to tile and to sand the surface and seal. But my readings never go below 85%. Is this normal?
Thanks for reading this and any advise you might have.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Yes 60mm would take 90 days in ideal conditions. We have had less than ideal
Conditions for drying this year so add a bit onto that. When you place the meter on the floor (I assume it is a floor hygrometer) it hould not stay in place for longer than 72 hours otherwise you start getting issues with interstitial condensation in he moisture chamber which will give you a false reading. Typically 48hours will give you an accurate reading. if you need toile quickly and are below 85% rh measured using a hygrometer then there are options. One is ditra and the other is gypsum based adhesive e.g GBTA from creative impressions. . Kerakoll h40 ideal is not designed to work above 75rh on these screeds so whilst you might get away with it there would be no guarantees. I would not risk it myself. If you go ditra you would need touse gypsum to stickit down with. You MUSt comision and run the underfloor heating prior to covering the screed and this can be done now if it H's not already done. In doing this you will help to force dry the screed but this will only happen if you do it properly and run it p to high low temperatures around 55degrees C. There is a simple procedure for doing this. Run at ambient for three days then increase by 5 degrees per day p to maximum. Leave at tis temp for 7 days minimum. Then cool by 5 degrees per day back to ambien before switching off for 48hours before re measuring the moisture. I wold expect a 60mm screed to be dry a the nd of this procedure if you maintain the top temperature for about 10days.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi all. New to Forum from Scarborough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.