UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi all in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Shotgun Mick

Hello everyone.

I'm a new member here and found this place by searching for advice on how to get into Tiling.

I am currently in an Admin job in Newcastle and am desperate to get into Tiling. The problem however is that I am 26 so too old for an apprenticeship. I have emailed several 'advice' websites like learndirect but predictably I haven't had a reply.

Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mick

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Sounds like there's only one choice for you my friend, and it's a good choice at that mind. [DLMURL="http://www.learntotile.co.uk/"]Tiling Courses | Tiling Training Courses | Tiling Training | Wall Tiling Courses | Floor Tiling Courses | Tiling Courses in Scotland | North East Tiling Courses[/DLMURL]

View attachment 63119

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well, to be fair, you've probably got a slim chance of finding somebody quickly although people do every now and again. What tends to happen is, do a course, do a few friends and family jobs, if you found anything you missed, maybe do refresher course with the same centre, do some more tiling at home or for more family, then when you're confident, get some cards in some tile shops and get going.

Age doesn't come in to it though mate.

Thee are adverts in the 'tilers unite' bit of this forum where people have posted looking for somebody to tag along with to learn more and get a feel for real jobs and not that many have been replied to. I think it's a case of keep calling a company and reminding them you're there to help!

I knew a guy once who got in his tiling gear and waited outside a busy tile firm one morning and literally asked every team that came out if they needed a hand for free. One day a team took him on, before he knew it, he had his own team.

D

DevonR

Mick,

All this info is covered on the course. Darren will ensure you have a good business sense when you leave so when you feel confident of your ability you will know exactly how to go about promoting yourself and finding work.
As admin have said above if you listen and stick in you will have a very high knowledge when you leave, Easily able to do your own work or work for family and friends. Once you have that experience you can start taking on small jobs for customers.
There is a lot of critisism around 4 day courses from some people, and I can understand their opinions and where they are coming from, but you WILL have the ability to go out and tile if your confident and have taken in the course fully.

Eric.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi all in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on how much adhesive to use. I’ve taken on my first tiling project and found...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.