UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi All in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

London
Hi all, been looking around the forums for ages, it's seems like the place i'l be able to get the answers to my dodgy DIY projects that i inflict on myself!! I live in Hacney (East London) for my sins and i'm probably about the worst DIY'er ever, the thing is i bloody love it........ Some of my stuff turns out lovely but i tend toi have a habit of just buying tools and never finishing what i started. I am half way through tiling my bathroom at the mo and have come up against a 3 way mitre cut, now i have looked everywhere on the site about this and i can find loads of stuff on how to do it if your using round edge tile trim. I'm using square edge or 'L' edge whatever it's called and i cannot for love nor money work out how the hell to do a 3 way mitre with it...... Can anyone help save me from even more DIY telling off's from the Mrs.

Thanks in advance guy's...... I look forward to getting amongst it on here.

Mortorman

London
Welcome along to TF. There is no need to 3 way a square trim, just cut the vertical piece straight, then cut the a 45 degree angle on the 2 horizontal pieces.

Bri, your a star mate, i have been sat on this bath edge for the last 3 hours wondering if it can be done or not!!! I thought what you say might be the case but cos you can do it with round edge i kept doubting myself that you can't do it with square edge..... Thanks a lot mate.

Mortorman

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi All in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
    • Creative
Hi all thought I would just say hi as I’m new to the forum I am 29 and have been plumbing and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.