Discuss Hi All!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

geraldine

Joining the great community of Tilers. Did a training course at UK trades training is South Shields and am embarking on my first proper job :yikes: As you might surmise, confidence is not great at this point in time... Did a "little" job before that: the hearth of a fireplace, all herringbone pattern in terracotta, with recycled tiles (different thicknesses as it happens)!! "little" only describes adequately the area concerned. The job itself took ages. All that cutting!!! Got quite pally with my wet saw, anyway.
Looking forward to getting all the advice I can from this website, which was highly recommended at the training course. I might even be able to give some in due course (advice that is).. No rush though.

W

White Room

Joining the great community of Tilers. Did a training course at UK trades training is South Shields and am embarking on my first proper job :yikes: As ytou might surmise, confidence is not great at this point in time... Did a "little" job before that:a firep the hearth of lace, all herringbone pattern in terracotta, with recycled tiles (different thicknesses as it happens)!! "little" only describes adequately the area concerned. The job itself took ages. All that cutting!!! Got quite pally with my wet saw, anyway.
Looking forward to getting all the advice I can from this website, which was highly recommended at the training course. I might even be able to give some in due course (advice that is).. No rush though.

Hi and welcome, that hell of a start to your tiling......

G

geraldine

Thank you all for your very warm welcome!! Fast learning to dodge "advice" from supposedly well informed individuals such as tile-shop manager and some tilers... like using tub adhesive to put 600x300 porcelain tiles in a shower. And being (re-)assured that I would get away with just a 3mm notch. Well, as I guarantee my work, I am not going there. I think I live in a parallel world :-/

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi All!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Found this forum while searching for a new tile cutter, and was impressed by the help and...
Replies
Views
U
Hi guys just checking out this forum as I hope to become a tiler in the near future after...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. im going to cut a very long story short to save your sanity. Im 36 have been...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
C
im hoping to gain a bit of expert advice from some other trades men on here.I have been...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB