UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi and advice please :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Welcome to TF. Yeah. Something like 18mm WBP ply wood be ideal. It's sturdy & smooth but allows a good enough adhesion to finish your practising. Get your self a slow setting adhesive so by the time your finished, it'll be much easier to take off. I wouldn't worry about the grouting side of things if your practising. My 10 year old son can grout.
If you need tiles to practice with, jump to some tile outlets like Topps & ask if they are changing any displays soon. Old stock gets written off & skipped so ask them to keep it aside for you.
Happy Tiling!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi and advice please :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I’ve got 3/4” MDF over 1-1/2” t&g car decking, over 6x8” joists on 48” centers. All solid, good...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.