Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Hi everyone new here in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Greg Marshall

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes as in any trade nothing beats experience. This will be paramount but as I know to well qualifications open doors too. I'm starting at uk pro tiling in the morning on the advanced course. I'm currently stuck in a dead end job at Tesco. I'll keep this job running as long as possible as I work twilight 5-12.

But I'm in tiling for the long haul, the sooner I can gain a good customer base and steady away work I will pull out of Tesco.

All I ever wanted was a trade but unfortunately There were very very few apprenticeships going when I finished school and in the middle of the building boom very few tradesman were willing to slow down there work to teach. Yet a couple years after I finished education apprenticeships were dished out on a plate and people often had placements arranged for them before they had even finished secondary school.

Anyway this is my chance and I must grab it with both hands.
All the best

Reply to Hi everyone new here in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, we run a small tiling company based in Wiltshire with most of our work on new build housing...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone - I'm new here, please be gentle. I am just about to start to tile a new extension...
Replies
Views
hi all. I have tried to see if there’s a thread on this already. Apologies if there is. I’m...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D

Advertisement

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond