UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi everyone!! Please help!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pashernate lover

Hi folks!! Ive recently tiled my bathroom walls, shower etc... it admittedly took some doing as its the first time i tried my hand at it, it was a lot of 'trial and error' but the finish was excellent!!

Anyway i'm nearly finished tiling the floor but i've encountered a problem, how can i successfully cut tiles to fit around the sink pedestal and the toilet base?? i bought a tile saw but i can't perfect the curves and i'm at my wits end!!! Also, i'm tiling on wooden floorboards and i can only find a drab grey adhesive/grout so the wife isn't too keen on it, are there any alternatives available?? Sorry about the essay!! Cheers!!

L

Leatherface

Hi

First you would have a much nicer job if you could take out the sink & toilet and tile underneath. If not.......

1. - make a template out of cardboard or paper. Or buy a flexible ruler from WHSmith or axminster.com to mark out your cuts for pedestal etc. You need a 4 inch angle grinder and a decent blade - eg Marcrist - from Tradetiler.com Home to cut these curves. Need a steady hand. Use nibblers and a tile file to finish off nicely.
2. You would be better off tiling onto the floor after over-boarding with at least 9mm plywood. If not - make sure floorboards are well secured and use a 2 part flexi adhesive - ie cement based with a latex additive instead of water.
3. Most good tile shops will have a range of grouts in many colours - adhesive and grout in one is crap ? Also your grout needs to be flexible :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi everyone!! Please help!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m after some help please. I had someone come tile my en-suite and it was looking ok until...
Replies
Views
Help with mould! Hi. I'm sorry to be so ignorant but could do with some advice. Some of my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.