UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi Everyone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Snowy Blue

Hello,

New to the forum , but not the trade as Ive been self employed tiler for the last 7 years.
Well done to everyone for a freindly , helpfull & informative forum, I enjoy scrolling through the discussions especially when it
gets heated !!:smilewinkgrin:
My local Nicobond are trying to get me to use these new levelling wedges, & I am recieving a lot of gumpf through the post from suppliers pushing
these things. Like most of you I manage to get my floors flat with no lippage using the correct trowel, levels, back buttering etc.. but was interested to
know if any of you are or have used these & if they work & save any time ?? My only concern is that the wedge is designed to bring the edges of nieghbouring
tiles flat & level using a 'pull' on the plastic clip that goes under the tile - but surely this could bring some tiles out of full contact with the bed.. ??
Any thoughts ?

Thanks again
Paul

P Smith Tiling Services

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: - had this discussion just today as Genesis are having a demonstration of their wedge system tomorrow at CTD Newcastle. Free bacon bun ( very poor coffee - will have to have cold drink) and hopefully a few free samples, Bal are also there.
I've not used them as of yet, but with all large format tiles I'd follow the practice of an extra dollop of adhesive in each corner for support, and if this upward movement does happen it will still be solid bed fixed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi Everyone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.