UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi Everyone........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marty7

I have been looking into this board for a few days now as im looking for a career change. Ive been a HGV1 driver for 20 years now ,and to be honest its 10 years more than i had planned to be . Ive done a fair bit of tiling on a diy basis over the last few years and its something i really enjoy doing.
If i was to go on a tilers training course ,would it be enough to get me the extra experience i need to pack in this driving lark for once and for all and could i make a good living from it ? I earn circa £25k just now , could i earn at least that if i put the hours in ?{ being a lorry driver , long hours doesnt frighten me :shades_smile: }
Thanks for any advice that may come my way :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It seems to me that there are loads of guys going on courses and not giving the advertising side of the business much thought. You're training course will give you a good shove into the industry and your practise from then on will give you a fighting chance at improving your speed and quality which is what will get you your work done quick which means you're doing more jobs which means you're getting a good wage. But advertising yourself in your area can be harder than you think depending on where you live. Tryto give that side of the business some thought, maybe you have a mate in a similar trade who can help with customer leads, maybe you have a good local paper that doesn't seem to have manytilers in it, maybe you have a new tile shop setting up and you can get your cards in there quick?

Hope this give you some ideas. :)

And welcome to the forums.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi Everyone........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Pleasure to meet you all. I’m after some help/advice please. After working in the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.