UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi from Luton in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi there,

Just joined this forum and looks very interesting,I would like some advice which you probably gave before, but anyway ill fire away,,
Im in a mundane warehouse job(11 years) as a bod, and now really fancy doing a tiling course, with a view to doing it full time. As my funds are quite low, I was thinking bout doing a five day course, Able skills offer it fo £349 and looks and reads quite well, this I could do.
Do you think I could come away from such a course with enough knowledge to go it alone, or perhaps maybe do it at weekends just to build my experience up and reputation, then go it alone when I know ill have enough work.
Maybe when funds are better Ill do the advanced course, but what dya reckon?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
Vinnie.

B

brian c

:shades_smile: welcome m8.U SOUND A BIT LIKE MYSELF,I DID NORTH EAST TILING TRAINING COURSE,DOING JOBS 4 FAMILY AND M8S AND TRYING 2 BUILD ON THAT.ALTHOUGH U MAYBE EAGER U NEED 2 CRAWL BEFORE U CAN WALK M8,SO GET ON A COURSE AND BUILD ON THAT OR IF U HAVE LOADS OF MONEY JUST GO 4 IT,WHICH IS PROBABLY THE WRONG THING 2 DO.IF U NEED ANY INFO ABOUT NETT COURSE ASK AWAY M8 BUT IT WAS MONEY WELL SPENT,I AM FROM GLASGOW AND THERE WERE OTHER GUYS FROM SCOTLAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND SO MAKE WHAT U WANT OF THAT M8.GOOD LUCK WHATEVER U DECIDE.

I

IvegotsTILE

I had the same idea Vinnie,NETT is further away for me than Able Skills yet I still went for NETT,great experience and chance to gain a proper qualification.
In my opinion your better going to a training centre that just deals with tiling and not building,plumbing,plastering etc.
Try the websites for places like NETT or Chase Tiling they both train towards a qualification and have loads of good feedback..

V

Varley

I had the same idea Vinnie,NETT is further away for me than Able Skills yet I still went for NETT,great experience and chance to gain a proper qualification.
In my opinion your better going to a training centre that just deals with tiling and not building,plumbing,plastering etc.
Try the websites for places like NETT or Chase Tiling they both train towards a qualification and have loads of good feedback..

Absolutely, go for a centre that offers a Nationally recognised qualification :)

D

Deleted member 1779

Hello Vinnie from me Richard.

I dont know much about tiling but I do visit Mark at PTS training in Harlow twice a month to demonstrate to the new tilers on the course on how to drill holes. I am an outsider - so to speak - but what I can say from my visits is that it seems many people who attend ANY training get a lot of it.

I speak to a lot of the trainees and there are a lot of them who do tiling as a second income to suppliment their main with the view of making extra money. They all tell me that whatever they have paid for the course is an investment which will be repaid.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi from Luton in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi I have a clients floor I laid in December 2013 that has tiles coming away from the adhesive...
Replies
Views
K
Hello I thought i would stop by and introduce my self as I have a feeling im going to be...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. im going to cut a very long story short to save your sanity. Im 36 have been...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all I am new to this site which looks great by the way but I am not new to tiling. I am...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.