UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi from new Female Tiler! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dorfer

Just wanted to say hello. My first time on a forum! I have recently finished a tiling course having done occasional tiling for family for many years. I have know unlearnt all my bad habits and am hoping to embark on tiling as a profession trying to fit it in around my three children. I would love to hear from anyone, particularly female tilers who can inspire me and help me with my confidence!!!

U

user123

Hi, Dorfer - why Dorfer? :)

Mosaic artist here, not tough enough for lugging boxes of tiles about, but did a tiling course too and this place will help you along more than anything.

Miss Tiler (Sharon) is a brilliant mosaic tiler from London, and Pebbs is a marble contractor, so there is us and then a few female tilers who have visited here on and off.

I think us females have patience and a natural esthetical sense on our side, a tendency to work very carefully and neatly. I love tiling, too, but physically it is hard, not the tiling itself so much but the preparation, the clean up, the carrying of stuff. Kitchen splashbacks, fine, but crawling around under sinks and backs of toilets, hm, rather you than me. But then I'm very old, too! :lol: Should have called myself Mosaic Momma :) Have a look at my profile and the albums or my website to see what I do, you see my tiling stints, and like you, after having tiled as a DIYer and assistant to my C&G qualified Ex a course really showed me where I had gone wrong. I did the NETT course and loved it.

As to this forum, well it's home from home for me, a very very good place. If you need any help with any of it, just shout out. If you hovver around the right bottom corner of someone's reply box, you will find a 'like' button, and there is the thanks button, too, to show your appreciation. the Reply with quote on the right puts that comment in with what you are writing, the inverted commas next to it means you can click on any of the comments you want to include in your messages, hit the reply with quote, and hey presto, it's all there :) Swearing is not allowed, insulting not the form here, and this is a positive encouraging place run by and meant for tiling enthusiasts, smart Alecs less welcome. I think you will like it here. I can relate to that enthusiasm after a course. Enjoy :thumbsup: My name is Gisela, by the way. :)

D

Daz

Hi & welcome,

I joined the forum shortly after forming a new tiling business (having tiled tiled part time for many years) and have had the benefit of the experienced tilers on here advice. Knowledge is key, and you won't go wrong with advice offered on TF.

Good luck with your new business and remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question - so don't get stressed, just ask us for the answers :thumbsup:.

Daz :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Hi from new Female Tiler! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can anyone help me find these tiles! I recently bought a house and unbeknown to me the...
Replies
Views
Jamie e
J
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my names Ollie and I’ve just recently completed a 3 week intense tiling course with...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.