Discuss Hi from snowy Derbyshire in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gibbo

Hi everyone here - presume it's as cold where you are as it is here in Derbyshire?
Just lost my full time job (in retail), so looking at going into a bit of plastering / tiling etc and whatever else comes along.
Done both over the years to some degree but well rusty - got a couple of jobs lined up but need to get some new kit-advice needed!!

Looking for a manual cutter on a budget for general stuff around £100 ish. There's a Rubi TR600-S I'm watching on ebay, but if that doesn't happen, what's everyone's thoughts on Big Clinker vs Rubi Star 60-N-Plus? Read reviews until I'm blue in the face, -like the idea of the Rubi cos it's got a case and not too bulky - can't imagine i'll be doing any serious big stone floors in the near future, but performance and reliability need to be considered. Any advice much appreciated!

(Also looking at getting the Erbauer wet cutter in Screwfix at about £80 - the reviews are all pretty good so unless anyone here thinks it's garbage, think I'll go for it)

Thanks in advance!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi from snowy Derbyshire in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Chris here from Derbyshire. Thought I would sign up as i am looking for some advice on...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
Was just getting my tools out of the garage ready for tiling to start this weekend and I'm...
Replies
Views
S
T
Hi there, have been looking on here for advice for quite a while. I have found this forum a to...
Replies
Views
tdtazmania
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB