UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss hi gloss slate sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

harvey

Dear professionals,
I've just had a charcoal/black slate floor laid and would like a hi gloss effect as it's a large area and if you look at the floor from, say, 10ft away it appears very dull but if you stand directly over the tiles it's glossy. Currently there are three coats of HG satin gloss polish on it but it's not having the right effect if viewed from a slight distance. (i.e the hallway)
Should I persevere with more coats or is there a product on the market that works better?
Grateful for your advice...
Thanks in advance,
Harvey

L

Leatherface

Make sure that you remove all traces of previous sealers before applying other products.
There are many makes of sealer on the market. I have my own favourites - Personally I would not touch HG or Fila with a very long bargepole.
If you would like to give LTP sealers a try, then send me a personal message ( LTP is my sealer of choice ) I will give you a contact phone no - you can request a leaflet - this gives a good account of their range of sealers and applications.

It may be an idea to purchase one or two makes and test them at home - find the one that YOU are happy with. Then stick with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to hi gloss slate sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have natural multicolour slate tiles in my kitchen . They have been very dull recently and...
Replies
Views
D
Hi UK tilers! I'm an ex-pat Brit builder looking for some advice on the best high gloss coating...
Replies
Views
Darrell Churchill
D
Hi. I am new to the forum, and would really appreciate some advice if possible please. We have...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies for the repeat post, I hadn't seen this forum when I posted yesterday, but I think...
Replies
Views
S
Hi I am looking to purchase a textured tile called Jewel from topps tiles, they have small...
Replies
Views
Speedoman
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.