Discuss Hi guys, advice appreciated on 400 x 400 limestone tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

on-the-tiles

Hi everyone,
Just looking for some opions really....
i have a job coming up which is 30sqm of 20mm honed limestone tile. sub-base is 1/4 chipboard which i intend to lay marmox onto, the rest of the sub-base is concrete, the floor has been screeded by the builders and as a consequence leaves me with a very uneven base for these tiles. To increase complication i have loose cable heating cable to lay prior to tile fixing,

So... My train of thought is 1) Get the sub-floor reasonably level, taking out the larger areas of highpoints then laying the heating cable.
2) Lay a bed of flexi addy over the cable , levelling as far as possible as i go.
3) I have purchased the rubi tile levelling kit to assist with the foreseable lippage issues.

I have the Mapei marbel & stone adhesive, lithofin stain stop, i am trying to cover every possible issue but am still slightly nervous , these tiles are costing £2500 plus fixing equipment,

your thoughts and opinons are hugely appreciated , Just wanted to share the job to ensure im not missing any vital components,

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi guys, advice appreciated on 400 x 400 limestone tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi there I have received 2 quotes from different tilers and both have different ideas on how to...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB