UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi Guys n' Gals - Tiling newbe here looking for help and advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pedr

I'm trying to tile around, and in the recess of my bathroom window, and am using on the advice of the tile shop, tile trim that have little corners that one slides into the ends of the trim,to avoid the need to miter the corners. this is supposed to make things easier, but try as much as I can, I cannot work out how the corners work? can any body please help, or point me to some images of these corners in situ?

D

Drastik Lee

Hi and welcome, ..... I mitre all corners when it comes to plastic trims and never had a problem and it has always looked good , cant say ive ever used the corner inserts regarding plastics maybe this might help???

Contract Trim Corners (plastic)

Suitable for joining a 90º angle with additional feature of allowing
for a vertical joint 7.5mm and 10 mm only

Available in 7.5 and 10mm :
White
Cream
Ivory
Contract-Corners-Plastic.png

Pro Trim Corners (plastic)

Suitable for joining a 90º angle with additional feature of allowing
for a vertical joint as illustrated

Available in 6,8,10 and 12mm :
White
Cream
Ivory
Pro-Corners-Plastic.png

Contract Trim Corners (metal)

Metal trim corners also allow for a perfect vertical joint.
Available in various sizes and finishes

Available in 7.5,10 and 12mm :
Chrome
Gold
Brushed Steel
Contract-Corners-Metal.png

Box Trim Corners (metal)

Metal box trim corners give a squared off modern finish.

Available in 8,10 and 12mm :
Chrome
Stainless Steel

Box-Corners-Metal.png

as illustrated they do clip in, keep us posted on how you get on cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pedr

The trim was from "Top Tiles" and has a sticker on that says Quadrant Tile Trim White 6mm PVC. I find it difficult to explain my situation because I was originally going to use "corner tiles" if thats what they are called? But I was told (to late, as I had already tiled up to one corner edge) that these corner tiles are no longer available? and have been replaced by the plastic trim?? Horrible things plastic trim!!! It seems to me that the old system was far superior the " corner tiles, had one side of tile rounded & glazed" if you understand what I am trying to say? and I would imagine they were far easier to use?
Can I upload a photo with my post/replies? that seems the only way I can explain my problem. anyway thanks to all who have answered so far, they have all been great answers but I may have cocked up, and need to find a work around? and probably only a photo will show you my dilemma.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
RE's (round edges) and REX's (round edges on two sides) and internal corner tiles (don't know their name Phil Hobson will though he told me last time I forgot) were all very common years ago (before my time to be honest).

I had experience using them working for a fireplace manufacturers that had a range of quarry fire surrounds that they used to make from scratch. They used RE's and REX's for all their tiled quarry surrounds.

It wasn't until I came into tiling that I heard of (never used) the internal versions, and the other variations of that type of tile.

My understanding is that there are too many ranges now, and too many variations of types of tile (so batches have issues when it comes to anything natural that is used mostly these days) that would end up with different shaded RE's and REX's.

The field tile (the main square tile) in any range is too mass produced compared to any same version of RE or REX. If that makes sense.

So with some quarry tiles I think Daniel Platt's and the other one (Phil will probably add the other name here too haha) you can still get them in their common Autumn Blend range etc. Though most other tile types they just never bother.

Hence me saying I love that internal corner trim. As I too dont like the quadrant style trims, especially plastic ones.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi Guys n' Gals - Tiling newbe here looking for help and advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone! Just want to say first of all that I am not a tiler or anything I’m just in need...
Replies
Views
Can I ask advice please; I have MS and the worry is making me ill. The tiles are all chipped...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I hope someone can help me. I’ve just tiled my kitchen, and need to trim the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi Please help. I’m in the middle of a huge bathroom refit. I’m a homeowner. My tiler has tiled...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.