Currently reading:
Hi, help needed toremove pencil marks from polished porcelain tiles

Discuss Hi, help needed toremove pencil marks from polished porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJP

Hi

I am Hoping someone could help with some advice on how to remove pencil marks that the bathroom fitter has got on recently laid polished ivory porcelain tiles, as it doesn't seem to want to come out and there are a couple of them in conspicuous places such as to the left of a toilet push plate which almost makes it look like a fault in the tile, but its def pencil as we have another couple of marks in other places. Has anyone got a simple solution to remove them please?

Many thanks
Sue

S

SJP

Re: Hi, help needed toremove pencil marks from polished porcelain tile

Welcome along to TF. The wipes used for cleaning silicone and hands etc (there are a few brands) have worked for me in the past.

Thank you

I will have to try and get some of these to try, not sure what I am looking for, but I am sure someone will point me in the right direction in the DIY. :thumbsup:

Ps 1st time on a forum, so a bit slow with the replies, so thanking everyone in advance if I dont manage to work out how to reply to all of these kind threads :)

S

SJP

I have tried De.Solv.it multi purpose wipes and they have not even touched the pencil mark :-(( Others have kindly suggested using a china rubber - I have tried searching on the internet for them but I can't find one - is there another name for them or does anyone know where I could purchse one from please?

Many thanks
Sue

S

SJP

Eureka!!!

Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond to my plight, I appreciated each and everyone of them. I worked throught the majority of them and tried the multi task wipes, JML magic sponge, Fila products, Ciff, and much much more. I can't remember who suggested it but ''HOB BRITE'' was the answer to my prayers and removed it quite effortlessly. Clearly a very happy bunny - thank you team! :hurray:

I'm pretty sure that I responded to everyone who posted a suggestion, if not sincerest apologies it was because I found it difficult navigating the forum at first - needed a forum wizzard too!!

So once again thank you to all the team helping me to resolve it!

Regards
Sue

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi, help needed toremove pencil marks from polished porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile B&Q Glacier Ivory Tiles
Hi Folks, I've had a look through the forum this last week and it would appear these were quite...
Replies
Views
teejay89
T
Hello, I recently lifted some modern tiles to reveal the original Victorian Tiles (Actually...
Replies
Views
Hi Im after a couple of boxes (3 tiles per box) of the following tiles; YT 6002 CP Glacier Ash...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

UK Tiling Forum Trending

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.