Discuss Hi newbie here in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

teejay

DIYer's other half in fact. On this occasion though the question is about the tiling job we have just had done. professionally It looks great but the gap between wall and floor has not been done and tiler is away on holiday. Is it because, as we live in an old period property it will need silicone and not the grout used elsewhere? Same tiles on wall and floor, grey grout on wall and limestone on walls and looks amazing. Do we need a particular type of sealant in which case what would you recommend? Many thanks.

P

p4ulo

Hi there and welcome.
Yeah, its "recommended" the you don't use grout in corners or wall to floor joints. It can crack out with slight movement and look unsightly. Check out most pub toilets (its a tilers thing) and you see the grout cracked in the corners of the room.
What are the tiles made from?
Sometimes if real stone, sealant type can be trickey, however, as you say same tiles but diff colour, probs glazed ceramic so a standard sealant should be fine.
I use - EVERBUILD Forever White sealant if its white you're after, otherwise if you wish to match a special Grout colour, most grout manufacturers do a colour matched sealant (BAL, MAPEI etc)
Good luck.
Make sure you get yourself a profiling tool, makes the sealant a real doddle.....
Silicone Tool Set £13.45 in stock - next day UK delivery plus Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi newbie here in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Evening all! We recently had our bathroom renovated, the Plumber/Tiler we hired to do it was a...
Replies
Views
Hiya. DIY idiot here. We've installed some nice new tiles on our floor. We then grouted with...
Replies
Views
Just had following work done: downstairs toilet - replaced toilet and sink and tiled the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB