Discuss Hi there! need help with tile trims in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

meldaleuk

Hi, I work at one of the large sheds, and rather than just hand out crap advice, i research and use this forum to gain knowledge. And thanks to all you experts out there i have learnt alot. My question which i can't seem to find an answer to on this site, when you tile half way up a wall, as they want to paint the top half. Do you fit tiles first then slip in the tile trim and level, or fot tile trim then work tiles into it.
Many thanks in advance,

T

Time's Ran Out

Welcome to the forum and hope you are picking up correct information to pass on!
The only time I pre fix tile trim is if it's mosaic and the wall needs floating out to the thickness of the trim profile, otherwise the trim is slipped in the back of the tiles at the correct datum line.
But others may have differing methods!
Enjoy the forum and stay tuned as your input from the sheds will be interesting.

M

meldaleuk

Hi & welcome. For this scenario, I slip the trim in place
Thanks for that guys, I know the sheds get a bit of stick on here, but there are some of us who care. I want to give the correct advice, and know what i'm talking about, and thanks to you guys, I think I do, if I don't know I tell them i don't then research. Unfortunately not all staff do they just bull customers. But that happens in all sheds and tile warehouses where professional tilers don't work, because they get a trade wage, and not a retail wage (which is just over the minimum wage).Why would they work in a retail job unless they are retired.
Thanks for your your info guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi there! need help with tile trims in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Looking soon at retiling a shower enclosure walls at a local leisure centre. Once...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB