Hi

Discuss Hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jack930

Hi All

Joined the forum as im intrested in tiling, im curently serving in the forces,and will be leaving in the next 12 months after a 22 year stint :rolleyes5:

I have a 8 week course booked for next year, giving me C+G and work towards a NVQ.

I understand it may be hard to get started and find work,as i dont have the time behind me in tiling.

Is this a trade i can live on or would i be wasting my time in thinking i could survive.
If so i will need to rethink a trade for my future

Any info would help
cheers
:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:Jack - 'you horrible little man':lol:
First of all thanks for your 22years service in the forces and I'am sure many on here appreciate the work you've done and risks taken.

If you have booked your course its an excellent way to be introduced to my trade - tiling - and its the best job in the world!
But it may be difficult in this economic climate to get established and have that steady income that you will have been used too. Although with your forces pension you may be able to pace your business growth to a level where you will be able to fully enjoy the work on offer.
I'd suggest you keep this forum at the end of your fingertips and ask/reply to as many posts as possible taking notes and completing a 'virtual' project yourself. When you have time, try and link up with a Forum member in your area and see if you can spend a few hours making tea/gaining an insight into this trade.
I wish you all the best for the next 12 months, stay safe and stay in contact.:thumbsup:

A

aph257

Hi Jack, in regard to making a living, it's going to be hard in this climate, but depending on your financial situation you can survive. I'm making ends meet after only 7 months of going full time, althought have been tiling for 7 years off and on since leaving RAF. the suggestion above about joining local tiler would be way to go. the course will teach you the basics and get you going, but it won't make you a tiler, that comes with time and a host of other attributes. PM or email me if you want.

Reply to Hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for work with a tiler as a tilers mate. I attended a tiling course last year...
Replies
Views
Bobby Smith
B
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hi
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.