Hi!

Discuss Hi! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StaceyC

Hi there.

Just introducing myself! :hurray:

I have been looking into training as a tiler for my husband as he's recently become unemployed as a shower fitter and is keen to start a career as a tiler.

He's actually tiled over 10 rooms (2 kitchens and many bathrooms) to a very high standard but thinks a bit of formal training would be useful-especially if you need qualitifcations for working on building sites.

We live near Stansted airport so STC in Harlow is the closest training centre we've found so any feedback about them would be appreciated or any others nearby!

Cheers

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: Stacey and husband - you may find a training course will give that extra confidence he reqiures and certainly the basics of the tiling trade, but as per other reply, it will not supply a qualification for entry onto building sites.
Unless he can provide a portfolio of previous work and references, it could be a slow build up to a brilliant career.
If he enjoys the job and he has a practical attitude, he should find the work will come his way.
Hidden in the depths of this forum will be more information than he needs and if you can't find it - just ask again!
Good Luck.

M

Max@ableskills

Hi there.

Just introducing myself! :hurray:

I have been looking into training as a tiler for my husband as he's recently become unemployed as a shower fitter and is keen to start a career as a tiler.

He's actually tiled over 10 rooms (2 kitchens and many bathrooms) to a very high standard but thinks a bit of formal training would be useful-especially if you need qualitifcations for working on building sites.

We live near Stansted airport so STC in Harlow is the closest training centre we've found so any feedback about them would be appreciated or any others nearby!

Cheers

Hi Stacey and welcome to the forum. Give our office a call on 01322280202 and speak to Angela, Gary or John. They will be able to advise you on a suitable training program and explain how to achieve the NVQ.

Thanks

Reply to Hi! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
Hello Everyone, My name is Liam I am 25 years old and live in Oxford. I am currently a plumbing...
Replies
Views
I
M
Hi there, i am looking to become a professional tiler. I am currently based in Bristol, 29...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
M
Hi there everyone. Im mark, bristol, 29, currently a golf professional who is heading for a...
Replies
Views
H
Hi, I am looking in to courses as I wish to change career to a full time Tiler and was wondering...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
L
Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me. We had a limestone floor laid in our kitchen about 18...
Replies
Views
Katrina2012
K

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hi!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.