UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Hi

Discuss Hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Is this the stuff
EVBNS02.jpg

B

Bubblecraft

Can't use ready mixed for stone tiles. You will need to use a cement based adhesive. Personally, I'd use a Bal adhesive. Depending on your working speeds would determine which one. You will need a White based adhesive. If your quick or are working with smaller tiles or minimum amount of cuts, I'd use Bal Rapid Set White. 45 min pot life, grout after 3 hours. For large format or if you have several cuts, Bal Single Part White. 5 hour pot life, grout after 16 hours. Everyone has their own preference. That's mine. Hope that helps. Mind & prime your Walls first, I use Bal SBR. Don't mix different brands of adhesive & primers

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rich

:lol: I love builders merchants.

As the guys have said above, you will need a white, cement based (powder) adhesive that is suitable for stone. If you are in any doubt it should say on the bag. Bubblecraft has suggested BAL above, they are very good but I find them pricey so prefer to use Mapei adhesives. Might be worth looking at both and comparing price.

Have a look through the link belowandd see if there is a Tile Giant near you, they will sort you out with a suitable adhesive :thumbsup:

Mapei: Tile Giant Store Finder...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hi
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.