UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

hi

Discuss hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Interesting question. Don't think it's something you can allow someone else to pick for you really. But a few questions:

Where are you based?
What is your business?
What is your target market? Retail, commercial etc

I've always believed that if you are a sole trader/self employeed in the construction industry you should just use your own name. It's what you write down on any form, paper etc, it's how you introduce yourself, it's how others will introduce you.

My name is Allister Gage, My business name is Allister Gage and my website is www.AllisterGage.com. If you put an "umbrella name" over yourself i think you become less personable. But that wouldn't necessarily be the case in commercial, but i work on domestic installations.

Last edited:
T

Time's Ran Out

Your own name is as good an advert as anything. Always find it a bit strange the way some sole traders feel the need to have a half hearted generic tiling based name such as "Tile and Style" or "Perfect Tiling". Looks like you're trying to mask your identity - your reputation should be built on your name so why not put your name to your business?

TOSH !!
It's a descriptive aspect of what you produce in our case -www.timelesstilingsolutions.com and is based on the marketing decision to tell people what you do not who you are!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Welcome aboard.

I love this type of topic. :)

Think of old names related to your area. Clearly tiling is mostly regional (unless you're starting off and aiming nationally which wouldn't be so wise perhaps). So for example Sandbach in Cheshire was once known as Sanbec. So a company doing tiling in the area might call itself Sandbach Tiling, or Sanbec Tiling to give it a bit of originality and also get the older families in the area noticing the name a little more. Stoke on Trent is known as 'The Potteries', so perhaps if I started a tiling company I'd call it something like Potters Tiling for example.

Also gems and stones and whatnot that have high value give the impression that the company is of high value and does good quality perhaps. So think of some cool gem-related names.

With whatever company names you're testing, check with A) Companies House to make sure there isn't already a company trade with said name. B) Google (as people can trade with a name and not be registered with companies house). C) domain name registrars to make sure the related domain name(s) haven't already been taken. Whilst you might not want a website right from the start (and I'd say get one before you even start to be honest) you will want one eventually no doubt. You'd look a fool changing your company name or using some random domain name because your one has been taken already.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.