UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss High Gloss sealant polish for travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi All
Me again

My customer wants a high gloss for his travertine.

Ive seen a job that has it but where can i get it and does LTP iron wax gloss give that effect,like a glazed ceramic but not slippery if that makes sense.

i have photos on my phone but cant get them off it at the moment,i'll try again tomorrow and get them on here.

the tile shop i go to is going to seal half a tile with the iron wax high gloss soon but any info before or a better product recommended would be very helpful.

Many thanks

Mark
MS.Tiles

HI All

popped into Apex Grange this afternoon, they advised i should used a sealant that then will need a k2 buffing machine to bring it up to a real gloss finish. Problem is its roughly £260 just for 15lt's of sealant plus the hire of the buffing machine which i havent found.
The customer is open to a different type of tile and to keep the cost down i might speak to him about it.

I have some photos of how shiney the floor is, i did notice some marks (swirls) on the floor and they are buffing marks ive been told.
Cant upload photos,says image to big

2012-02-29 14.51.40_resized.jpg 2012-02-29 14.51.57_resized.jpg 2012-02-29 15.00.12_resized.jpg
2012-02-29 15.07.18_resized.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to High Gloss sealant polish for travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Hi I've just laid 26m2 of wood effect polished porcelain tiles (quite high end from Italy...
Replies
Views
P
My goodness - what a palaver!! So, I've been tiling my own wet-room with TOPPS 60x30 Polished...
Replies
Views
Billy Hunt
B
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.