Discuss High PSCC and strange readings - help much appreciated Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

High PSCC and strange readings - help much appreciated Discussion ThreadHigh PSCC and strange readings - help much appreciated Electrical Advice

Hey hows it going,

So was doing two different EICR the other week. Two different locations, same issue and I’m not sure what the best course of action is. Both constructed in 2016, 100% new. Hager metal dbs. TN-C-S (PME)

So for example on one:

Original test sheet Zdb - 0.21ohms, 1.18 kA
(No Ze on teat sheet)

My tests
2 lead test

Ze at Db (earth disconnected) - 0.06ohms, 3.62

Zdb (earth connected) - 0.06, 3.73kA

Now the problem

L-N - 0.01, 20kA

So that would give me a final recordable value of 20kA of a prospective fault current.

Anybody have any ideas on why the reading could be so massive and how to lower it? As it’s not suitable for the 6kA rated MCB’s.

Was looking at regulation 435.5.1, looks like the MCB braking capacity can be ignored if protected by an another protective device that is suitable. The supply fuse is at least 1361 type 2 that has a 33kA breaking. So it might be ok if Im reading it right.

Im using a megger mft 1721,just calibrated three weeks ago. cant null the leads on the these tests, possibly out of range of the tester value. Have not had any issues with other properties.

Any help or info is much appreciated.

Thanks

High PSCC and strange readings - help much appreciated for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to High PSCC and strange readings - help much appreciated Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hi Any advice would be most appreciated. Last April we had a lovely conservatory fitted. Our...
Replies
Views
mikethetile
M
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
High PSCC and strange readings - help much appreciated Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks