Discuss hii all in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

taffy

Thanks for the welcome.

I have been reading through the posts and have some of my questions answered, but I still have some worries.
I consider myself a good tiler but I have taken on a job that I have never done before so looking for some advice please.
The job involves geometric tiles like here www.ceramictilewarehouse.com/uploads/gallery128.jpg
location is the outside walkway which had the old red tiles down on clay, the customers gutters had failed for years and had soaked the area to the point that the clay was as soft as mud.
I have removed 6-8" of this and filled it in with hardcore and sand/cement leaving enough just height for adhesive and tiles, I am aware that I must wait for all this to dry out and to wait for some warm weather... (can I start my questions now),
Should I seal/prime the cement base and if so with what?
Should I pre-seal the tiles before or can I get away with flooding and a roller,
also what sealer should I use
would using the smaller trowel be better what with such small pieces of tile being used, bigger one is fine for large tiles.
2mm spacers OK here or should I go for 1mm (already have 10,000 x 2mm)
One is assuming grey grout should be used, any advice here is grateful.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to hii all in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
This is the Plumbers Forums is now Plumbers Talk Discussion Thread As always; a simple ‘logo’...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB