• Thread starter Seo195
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 79

Discuss Hissing sound from under sink Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hissing sound from under sink Discussion Thread

Heya,

So there's a hissing sound coming from underneath my sink that feeds my washing machine and dishwasher. I initially thought it was a weeping connection or a pinhole in an old pipe, so I turned the water off. The hissing was still there but as soon as I drained what was left in my cold tap it stopped. My brother who is not a plumber but has been in the building profession for many years also took a look and neither of us could find any leak or any wet spots of any kind. I also checked the back of the washing machine and dishwasher, everything is working as it should and I have since turned my water back on. The hissing is still there however, my brother mentioned something about the water company increasing the pressure during the summer? But I don't know if this is true. I am on a mains supply. He also said it just sounds like water in the pipe, but I'm still not too pleased. Don't really want to bother a plumber when there is no actual visable wet patches though.

Any idea what it could be that is causing the hissing sound, maybe air in the pipe? It's not bothering me but I just don't want a massive leak if pressure is building.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hissing sound from under sink for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Hissing sound from under sink Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hissing sound from under sink Discussion Thread
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Plumbing Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond