Discuss Holes and craters appearing in grouting. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

ceeceebee

Hi, I live in South West France, near Montauban. About 6 years ago we laid tiles on existing sound tiling on a good concrete base, tiling a14 sq metre kitchen and smalll entrance lobby using standard 30 x30 tiles and Mapie grout. All seemed OK, except during the last 3 years a fair number of small holes (2 mm's say) have appeared in the grout, some have developed into small craters, quite regular in appearance. Only in the lobby area though. Have asked the tile and grout supplier (Pavan - a quite large supplier) and they don't have any idea. Could it be ants ?, we get some ants here which excavate their nests in the soil..... some other insect?.... Any ideas...anyone ??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Holes and craters appearing in grouting. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, new to the forum, nice to meet you. A tiler recommended to bring this question...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
My kitchen/family room has a honed and filled Travertine floor 40sqm with 40 x 60 tiles and wet...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB