UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hose Pipe Ban in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hose pipe bans in place in most of the south. You can still use buckets and watering cans though mind.

Watch out if you're using a hose for work. It's a £1000 fine apparently if you get caught.

If the water companies sorted out the damn leaks we'd not only find no host pipe bans, we'd probably find the water rates wouldn't rise so quickly each year.

You probably already know about it, but I thought I'd give you the heads up.

Those in the midlands and south, quickly water everything before we get the bans too!!

We're a bit of a joke of a country when it comes to anything wet. Water bans in summer when it's been raining heavily. Can't clean up snow when it's only a 1 inch layer. Got help us if we swapped with either a hotter or colder country! We'd be screwed either way!

D

Deleted member 9966

I just had a thought. Maybe it's only people in the South who own hosepipes, seen as they always get hit with a hosepipe ban first. Us up in the North can't afford hosepipes so never have a problem :lol:

Joking aside, I have a water pump that I drop into the bath and pump grey water out into 2 water storage butts. 3 bathfuls a week will pretty much fill each water butt. Just add a watering can under the water butt tap and hey presto, you've advoided the hosepipe ban, and saved yourself money by re-using water you've already paid for. Plants, trees and grass don't care that it's bath water. I only ever use fresh, clean water on young or recently transplanted plants.

M

Mike Mike

I just had a thought. Maybe it's only people in the South who own hosepipes, seen as they always get hit with a hosepipe ban first. Us up in the North can't afford hosepipes so never have a problem :lol:

Joking aside, I have a water pump that I drop into the bath and pump grey water out into 2 water storage butts. 3 bathfuls a week will pretty much fill each water butt. Just add a watering can under the water butt tap and hey presto, you've advoided the hosepipe ban, and saved yourself money by re-using water you've already paid for. Plants, trees and grass don't care that it's bath water. I only ever use fresh, clean water on young or recently transplanted plants.

Oh, I suppose you're one of those posh people who gets out of the bath to pee :lol: Otherwise the plants would be dead...

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Was listening to radio yesterday to some suit from a water company saying what water you can use.

Apparently, you will be able to water plants in the garden from a watering can if you fill the can up from a tap. You cannot fill up the can through a hose pipe that is attached to the same tap. Huh, same tap, same amount of water!!!

I wondered if I walked round my garden with the watering can tipped at a slight angle so as to let a light sprinkling go over the plants and my wife following me with the hose-pipe held in the can to keep it full and save my legs walking to and from the tap?

M

Mike Mike

Was listening to radio yesterday to some suit from a water company saying what water you can use.

Apparently, you will be able to water plants in the garden from a watering can if you fill the can up from a tap. You cannot fill up the can through a hose pipe that is attached to the same tap. Huh, same tap, same amount of water!!!

I honestly think if I lived in the U.K. I would end up murdering people.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hose Pipe Ban in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hi Guys, So I'm currently undertaking a renovation on my first ever house. We'd finished all...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
A
Hi guys hoping someone could advise me as to what needs doing on a job i am on. Its a long...
Replies
Views
AKOTiler
A
D
Drilling a hole into a Belle bath. Fitting Victorian taps. Drill steel baths. Project fitting...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.