Discuss How bad is All in One adhesive & grout? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

AMCON CM

Hi Guys, New on here. But weve been tiling for a while, Just had a bad experience doing a kitchen spashback for a contractor as a favour before christmas in a friends house. Bascially i was told they had all materials sorted, when i got there it was johnson 4x4 tiles.... grand but a big old bucket of unibond dung that does as adhesive and grout in one. I seen this crap in some shops and wouldnt stoop to pick it up!! never used it till today. its so thick, and takes a primary set fairly quickly, but not a good one, tile can knock off just trying to remove a spacer. Then to grout its too sticky and takes a couple of washes to remove especially in a rough decor. Normally id have sone normal stuff in van, but i had nothing and this was a holiday house way in the mountain, no chance to get anything else. A terrible product and it really hacked me off!! Anyway rant over.... bit heavy for first post, just wondering if anyone had any storys where all goes against you or if you have used this stuff.
And .... Happy Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Your mistake you see is trying to use it as a normal adhesive.... What you do is take a spatula and use it to put five dots of glue on the back of th tile then press it to the wall.... This is a particularly good way to tile with large format stone or porcs .... ;-p

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How bad is All in One adhesive & grout? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB