Discuss How bad ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

How bad does a job have to be before whoever did it actually admits it ?
This was at a school where my daughter has swimming classes....how hard is it to cut a piece of trim somewhere close ?
trim.jpg

M

Mike

Probably because it wasnt a tiler who done it, more like a labourer or chippy or bricky who couldnt work outside because of rain. This goes on far to often me thinks.
you're right there, a painter/decorator told me today that a builder he works for has a polish guy doing all the trades for him, plumbing , tiling, plastering and electrics, and that's after he finishes his factory job at 2p.m. :yikes:

Somerset
you're right there, a painter/decorator told me today that a builder he works for has a polish guy doing all the trades for him, plumbing , tiling, plastering and electrics, and that's after he finishes his factory job at 2p.m. :yikes:

In my part of the country, most builders have failed to pay all the genuine tradesmen - i.e. they commission work then just dont pay. So many of them are unable to sub-contract genuine plumbers, electricians, plasterer and tilers, because they have all been ripped off by the builders recently. So the builder continues to win contracts(!) but now uses Bobskivana the Lithuanian strawberry picker who once wired a plug for his uncle and dobs and dabs floor tiles over the 2.5mm T & E he used to wire in the 40Amp cooker......

M

Mike

Right, gonna jump on this right now, no need to slag off immigrant workforce, most I've met are very highly skilled tradesman that can do the job in question regardless of if they have to take on many jobs or not to make ends meet. Let's have less of these type of comments please as it goes against the grain of what TF is all about!
i wasn't being racist doug, just getting the point across that there's people (this time a pole) is doing tradesmens jobs and undercutting the genuine workers.(and i doubt he'd be qualified in any of the trades never mind all 4)

D

Deleted member 9966

i wasn't being racist doug, just getting the point across that there's people (this time a pole) is doing tradesmens jobs and undercutting the genuine workers.(and i doubt he'd be qualified in any of the trades never mind all 4)

Mike, Doug was responding to the post by Andy8758. But if you can refrain from generalising about people's skills unless in charge of the full facts, then that would be appreciated. It is afterall libelous and Dan is the one who tends to get it in the neck when somebody reads something posted by another member that is defamatory or derogatory. There are cowboys in every trade, and we are now seeing that it does not matter which part of the world they live in or they come from. There are as many genuine tradespeople from Eastern European countries as there are here in the UK, just as there are as many cowboys and chancers from both sides.

G

Gall.B

Can understand peoples frustrations but this has been going on for a long time, remeber going on to a job about 8 years ago for a large tiling contractor got pulled of a job to help on a 3000m floor there was another 7 guys there and guess what me and my mates where the only time served tradesmen there the rest had done a 2 week course and thought they knew it all we had a former chef a ski instructor a guy who said he played pro with Swansea all doing it cheaper than real pros! We seen there first strech was a bit curvy and walked off the job and suprise we were back 2 months later trying to fix the inevitable mess 150mm of the square over 10m etc................. oh and they where all Brittish!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How bad ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
How bad ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.