Discuss How do I seal and polish quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilerjon

OK, so we lifted some cheap laminate flooring in a small vestibule exposing some filthy quarry tiles. I've set to cleaning them up - a very very slow process with lots of scrubbing and every chemical stripper/cleaner I can lay my hands on! No, seriously, all paint sploshes and old tile sealant and paint/polish is coming up. There seems to be ingrained black specks but these could be part of the tile themselves I suppose. As said its the vestibule where we'll store coats and shoes so I do not need perfection.

There doesn't seem to be any glaze or seal over the surface of the tiles (well not anymore!). How can I waterproof them and bring up a nice terracotta or reddish glossy, easy to wash down, shine. I thought of polishing the surface with Tableau red floor polish but can't see if that also acts as a sealer. Tableau liquid wax floor polish is uncoloured but would do the sealing. Or should I be using something else completely. Plese help. Thanks

D

DHTiling

Use some of this..

LTP Glaze Protector

A low maintenance satin finish self shine sealer for glazed ceramic, unpolished porcelain and vitrified quarry tiles. Protects and embellishes all types of tiles, excellent for use on low absorbent quarry tiles including new Victorian style flooring. Highly resistant to wear and stains. Slip resistant. Maintain with LTP Floorshine.

Tips: For interior use only.

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How do I seal and polish quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. My building had bricking work done on the outside and it seems in the process...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Recently bought a 1930s terrace and lifted laminate to discover quarry tiles. Reading other...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How do I seal and polish quarry tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.