UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How do you see 2013 ...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I suppose it depends which route to follow next year, part of me wants to try and crack the local domestic market, the problem I have is all my contacts are nationwide commercial contractors. I'm very fortunate that I never seem to struggle for work, the downside is that I'm always away! Got a really good local builder that I'm doing work for and he's pricing up loads of stuff for the new year so will hopefully be home a bit more.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think it'll be more of the same to be honest. If it's good for you now, it'll be good for you in 2013. If it's slow for you, my guess would be it'll be slow again in 2013.

Housing markets are pretty much the same, construction in general is pretty much the same (both very inactive).

Lending hasn't increased much at all so no signs of another 'boom' anywhere near.

Looks fairly positive though for most thankfully. Not seen as many reports of slow work recently like in 2009/10 which is a good sign.

Army are reducing staff though, so you might see a few heads jump into trades as there aren't any extra job opportunities in the UK in general. Some big firms are still going bust too, Comet last week, Sports Direct was it a month or so ago. The firm that makes london taxi's a week before that.

All this stuff adds to the workload available.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How do you see 2013 ...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.