Discuss How do you silicone ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
For me .

start with a dry, clean joint.
Pick a good quality silicone.
Cut he nozzle to required size with a sharp Stanley knife. Not a hacksaw.
starting from a corner, with your silicone gun at 45 degrees. Apply a consistent bead of silicone to the surface, ( I like to apply slightly more than is needed).
drag the gun backwards away from corners.
I then gently use my finger to run along the silicone to make sure it is keyed to both surfaces ( don't get into the not using your finger debate, it's bolxxks).
then using a plant sprayer filled with diluted water and washing up liquid, spray onto the silicone.
then using a fugi tool, again working from the corner apply good pressure and drag the tool along the bead.
clean excess off fugi tool and do the rest!

others will have a different way.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
This is the best IMHO
Broken Link Removed

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qwerty

I do the following-
1-Clean the joint thoroughly using Isopropanol soaked into a lint free cloth. This removes any grout residue and all other contaminants
2-Cut nozzle at 45' angle to similar width as joint required
3- Run continuous bead fully filling the joint
4-Using Fugi tool at 90' angle, tool the bead to required size
5-Spray a small amount of fairy liquid mix over the bead
6-Glide finger lightly over bead to smooth out any irregularities

I use the c-folded towels to wipe down the fugi tool as I go, and the cloth with the isopropanol on to keep the tool (and my fingers) free of silicone at the end of each bead.

F

Fliselege

Bucket of water with good dose of washing up liquid mixed in. Spray bottle same mix. Silicone corners, use ice lolly stick ( that's been soaked in bucket), spray and scrape silicone, 10 cm ish at a time, swish lolly stick in bucket and repeat. Dip hand in bucket and wipe finger over silicone. Straight lolly sticks for thin finish, 8 shaped lolly sticks for normal finish. I pick up discarded lolly sticks all the time, my nippers at it for me now bless her. Just call me a womble, making good use of the things that I find ( any one under 30 get a grown up to explain that one to you) ;-)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How do you silicone ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB