UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss how experienced are you? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aussie dave

hi all,

i`ve just been reading through a few of these threads and it seems that a lot of guys think they can go out there and do a 1 to 4 week course, then go out starting a tiling business.
i know i live on the other side of the world but tiling principles are the same any where you live. I have had over twenty apprentices work for me(four at present),
and i can definatly tell you that none of them would have the experience even after 3 years to run your own business.
If Joe public is shelling out good money to have a trademan like finnish do you think that some one withfour weeks experience would be able to replicate that?
In the end it only gives the tiling industry a bad name when there is a whole lot of inexperienced cowboys posing as tilers!!!!!!!!!!
I bet a highly experienced tiler over there would be able to make a rubbish load of money fixing up everyone else's **** ups.
Maybe you guys need to start setting up some kind of licence system to sort the men out from the boys!!!!
cheers aussie dave

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to how experienced are you? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Im looking for some advice. I currently work for my uncles business tiling for...
Replies
Views
@3_fall and I were trying to come up with a way, or a name for a forum, for this. We wanted to...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I've signed up to ask for some advice. I know you'll wince as I'm a try-hard DIYer...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.