Discuss How long should a bathroom take? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

craigd

Hay guy i've been tiling for about 6 months, i know thats not long but i've tried hard to learn as much as i can and do a job with out cutting corners. Right now i'm doing round a bath, first of all i stripped all the paint back then i tanked it with Ardex wpc, that took a day, on my second day (thats today) ive tiled 2 walls round and i'll finnish off tomorrow, but buy the time i've waited for adhisive to dry thats another 2 hours till i can grout so it's going to take 3 days in total, it's taken a little longer than i thought because it's in slate and i've never used it before.
Is that normal? A'm i doing anything wrong?
I ask because i've spoken with a lady who said she had hers done in about 5 hours and he didn't even strip the paint off and that was 8 years ago and it's still fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rich

Also bare in mind that every room is different. You cant say that a bathroom takes this long and somebody else took this long because it depends on so many things including prep,tiles,design,adhesive blah blah blah. Every job I start the customer asks "how long do you think it will take?" and my answer is always the same "I haven't a clue, I will be able to give you a good idea once I make a start."

If ever in doubt with what you are doing, be sure to pop in here and ask, we are always happy to offer advice :thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
As above, get the quality and forget about the speed. An average bathroom of 15-20 m2 will take me 4 days from prep to finish, I wouldn't want to do it any quicker as I feel I would lose the quality.

Agreed Bri

When a tiler goes in and does that amount in 1-2 days somethings wrong. It's either the prep or the quality of the workmanship - usually both.

R

ruairi mac

I remember it taking me all day to tile 7sq yards in a utility room floor when i started. The guy i served my apprenticeship with told me if it wasn't right i wasn't getting paid. ha ha. So it did take all day but i got paid for it. Nowadays i would have that area done before 10.00am. Quality comes first, the speed will come eventually. Reputation counts for everything in our game.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How long should a bathroom take? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB