Discuss How many bags of addy for 16.5sqm Wall tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Makaveli

3 bags for me, I'd probably get 4 'cos I always run out on the last tile or two.. Skimming the walls usually means the walls are smooth, not neccessarily that they are flat? No doubt the plaster is fully dry and we've got primer and all that?? We just double checking stuff for when the Tiler does the Tiling??

yes plaster is bone dry been a few months since it was skimmed.
I will be priming it with primer g.
Also I will be tanking the area around the bath with mapegum. Just to be on the safe side.

M

Makaveli

I reckon joiners generally make good tilers.
Thats providing they're good joiners!
;)

lol not much skill in site joinery.. Those bench joiners are a different breed lol amazing craftsmanship.

P.s I didn't know whether to start a new thread.
But I wanted to know what you guys think is the best laying pattern for tiles in a small bathroom.
Horizontally or vertically?
Room is 2440 high.
Longest run of uninterrupted wall is 1600mm.
Longest wall is 2640mm with a door in the middle.
tiles are 400x250 ceramics
total room area is 19sqm
total tiled area is 16.5sqm

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How many bags of addy for 16.5sqm Wall tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB