Discuss How Many Weeks Ahead Are You Booked? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Haha throw my diary a bit! Every other job does that! Extras normally, thing is I don't mean two tiles, I mean an extra phase! I arrived on this job to just do outside. I now have repairs to slab and steps to do and insulation boards latexing UFH and kitchen floor tiles added on plus kitchen walls no doubt!
The contractor announced that he'd like me to stick around for 2-3 months, hopping between his various contracts and his own new house no less. I came here for 3 weeks!

I'm booked now til end of September at a rough conservative guess.
Room for the odd little job?...... Only if I phone in sick!
......and this year I was determined to shorten my waiting list after running at min 4 months for the last two years.
I've stopped giving start dates, I try to get the client to accept 'sometime during the month of.........!'
i should consider myself lucky of course, I realise that, but it's damn hard work!

I

Ian

About 6 weeks ahead at the moment, also a further 8 weeks already booked for October and November. I've had a week in between jobs this week so have squeezed in 3 little ones. It's been quite nice to be home early every day and I should be done by lunch tomorrow. Mental and full on again from Monday. Just to add, I probably lose 2 jobs a week because I can't "start tomorrow" mega lols!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Couple of weeks for me...lol
That suits me fine. ...something always comes in .....I get to stressed out if I get to booked up.....and im getting more picky with the work I take on.....fed up with builders that don't pay....customers wanting perfection with crap tiles from the diy sheds....dodgy prep work ...etc

W

White Room

Couple of weeks for me...lol
That suits me fine. ...something always comes in .....I get to stressed out if I get to booked up.....and im getting more picky with the work I take on.....fed up with builders that don't pay....customers wanting perfection with crap tiles from the diy sheds....dodgy prep work ...etc

What he said:mad:

S

Stocks Tiles

I am booked up to 22nd July now, I have been given a "posh" mini get away place of 5 bathrooms in various stones to start end of July just waiting for a date. Got another floor to do in august for previous customer and just quoted a big bathroom tonight and got that to try fit in end July... Can't complain as only went solo August last year but recommendations are spreading around very nicely. Same as above turning away lots of "can you do it this week or next week" jobs.. Can't have them all I guess :sunglasses: Even upgraded to having a labourer, wow what a time saver!!! ;)

O

Old Mod

So it's fair to say with most of you, that unless you had a cancellation for next week (and didn't have lots of small jobs booked in for when such a thing happens = smart planning) that you wouldn't be able to take anything on for quite a few weeks if not months.....?

That's fair to say for me at least, yeah.
I've tried collecting a few odds and ends in the way of small jobs to 'fill in!' But it never seems to work. Tried it again a month ago, took on a small porch for a repeat customer and told her it would be sometime during the week starting the..... Of May. Low behold on the Sunday gets a call from her saying, are u still coming tomorrow? I've packed the kids off so they won't get in your way! I wanted to start on the Thursday, which was during the week I'd stated. I ended up calling in sick next day and doing her porch instead! :confused:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
At the moment I am on a job in Chiswick for 4 weeks, but I have to come off next week to go to another customer for a week. I then go back to Chiswick. I do work for a local builder and I always give him first refusal. It means I don’t do much quoting because he does it. My jobs don’t dovetail into each other which is fine for me. I’ve got a friends WC to tile, but that is my backburner job. I also have to fit in a holiday in the coming weeks. By the time the Chiswick job is done I go back to Northwood to tile a kitchen for the same builder that has me doing Chiswick. Basically I am booked for 2 months.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How Many Weeks Ahead Are You Booked? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB