Discuss How Much Old Adhesive Needs To Come Off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Borderline to just over, depending on trowel size, if your walls are good I would be using a minimum of a 6mm, if you do leave any old adhesive on your going to have to go to an 8 +, there's a guide to weights here.

EDIT: As you can see, beneath the tile weights there's a substrate weight list, plaster comes in at 20 kg pm2

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great thanks, I am now using a wallpaper steam stripper and the old addy is coming off now, slowly.............lol...............................!!!!!!

The walls are dead flat so 6mm trowel it is...........!!!!

Cheers........

As long as you realise you are borderline and can sleep at night, are you sure you wouldn't rather rip off the existing board and plaster and reboard, for peace of minds sake ?

Reply to How Much Old Adhesive Needs To Come Off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How Much Old Adhesive Needs To Come Off
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.