• Thread starter horbes
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 45

Discuss How to access taps behind a P shaped shower bath Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

How to access taps behind a P shaped shower bath Discussion Thread

I'm about to install a P shaped shower bath into a small bathroom. However I've noticed that with the bath in place it's not possible to reach under the bath to the pre drilled tap holes. Because of the circular shape there's also no line of sight to these either making it very hard or impossible to reach with a spanner.

So if I were to install the bath like this I'm wondering if it's possible to remove the taps without ripping out the whole bath?

One option I'm considering is to cut new tap holes in the centre of the rim. But this means filling in the old taps somehow and I'm wondering if that's necessary. The bath was designed this way with the pre cut holes so presumably there should be a way to unscrew the tap nuts from underneath?

So I'm interested to hear other's thoughts on this problem.

Thanks

Asset 1@1.5x.png

How to access taps behind a P shaped shower bath for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to How to access taps behind a P shaped shower bath Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
D
Drilling a hole into a Belle bath. Fitting Victorian taps. Drill steel baths. Project fitting...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
How to access taps behind a P shaped shower bath Discussion Thread
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Plumbing Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond