Discuss how to give quote on multiple bathrooms in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tbaysaint

i have been giving an opportunity to tile a large number of bathrooms walls and floors through a family member friend. He has asked if i would be able to quote him on the job as he is asking a couple of others.
how do i go about doing this? large budget has been set £**,***

1. do i quote on individual bathrooms or as a job lot.dont know yet if all bathrooms are same size or what tile type wanted
2. do i ask to get paid after each one?(dont want to be caught out like fred)

all help will be most welcome before i see the man in question.if i get job might have to sub contract if there is a completion date.

T

tbaysaint

Thats virtually impossible to price if you do not know what the tiles are or the measurements. You need to know a lot more before you can start working out prices.

:thumbsup:
i know how to price single rooms just want to have something to offer and not go and see the jobs blind to give myself a chance:cheers2:

He also needs old tiles in bathrooms removed, quote m2 or daily rate for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

1. do i quote on individual bathrooms or as a job lot.dont know yet if all bathrooms are same size or what tile type wanted
2. do i ask to get paid after each one?(dont want to be caught out like fred)

tbaysaint -
1. When you know the room sizes and the tile type - quote for individual rooms. If they are all a similar tile type you can quote a meterage rate.
2. Always finish 1 room and get paid before starting the next - ie. stage payment.

Good luck.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
tbaysaint,
Doing multiple rooms can be a nightmare.
I did multiple rooms kitchens/bathrooms/wc’s in different blocks/buildings on a new build site. Each house was a town house (3 floors!) I spent at least 2 hours a day moving my gear around and looking for halogen lights that mysteriously disappeared overnight. It was a nightmare.

I also did a kitchen/bathroom/en-suite in another town house (private job). Again, that was a nightmare because while addy was drying in one room I would start on another room. I found myself 3 days later with no room finished. I thought it would be easy doing 3 rooms in one house – how wrong was I.

You have been tiling for about 2 months. Personally I think you may have had a lucky escape. If you could get some work on a building site for a couple of months, but think of it as an extension to your training course. You could practice cuts & setting out all day long.....and get paid for it !

Good luck
Sean

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to how to give quote on multiple bathrooms in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB