UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How to key natural limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shanepg

Guys,

I've got a breathable floor which I am laying limestone tiles on. It's very importnant that the floor remains breathable and this really limits me to the products I can use. The tiles arrived today and unfortunatley they are as smooth as glass on the back! I am assuming that this will make it difficult to get them to seal to the sharp sand and lime I will be using to lay them (no modern adhesives here!). My question then, is how on earth do I key the tiles before laying them? I'm happy to do it mechanically eg rough aluminium oxide but I was wondering if there might be anything I could 'paint' on?

Cheers
Shane

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How to key natural limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hi I am a complete novice when it comes to tiling so I'd appreciate the forums advice on a...
Replies
Views
How To Tile Videos Some videos here for you showing you how to tile. I would particularly say...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Hi all, got a 70sqr mtr floor to do in tumbled limestone in sizes 1000mmx600 900x600 800x600...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
S
I am a customer not a tiler! My architect wants to lay limestone tiles directly on to the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am trying to fix some broken tiles in a couple of wet rooms in a customers house. When...
Replies
Views
frogeye
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.