Discuss How to remove tiles from a rendered bathroom wall in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mutley racers

Hi guys, Am new to this forum and am in need of some good advice. Basically, i am a plumber who has taken on this bathroom job. The guy who lived there before the owners apparently was a tiler. Now, the new owner told me that the tiles were extremely difficult to get off. And that he had tiled over his tiles. Which we discovered today, he has done the same in the bathroom.

Now, i have never seen tiles stuck to a wall like these. This guy definately didn't want anyone to EVER remove these tiles. The front of them just chips of, and most of the tile stays stuck to the wall. And then when you chisel away at the back, all the render comes of with it.

I have tried all kinds of chisels, even my hilti with a tile remover doesn't do the trick. I quoted one day to remove them and it is going to be more like 3. They are all the little small tiles.

I would really appreciate some help from you guys.

Any advice will do.

Thanks chaps

Regards

Mutley

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How to remove tiles from a rendered bathroom wall in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I have started to notice a wet pattern look on my Porcelanosa Marmol Carrara Blanco bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have some lovely Mexican terracotta tiles (glazed on one side only) which are meant...
Replies
Views
Hello, I assumed I could tile onto marine plywood and my tiles fell off ... I'm tiling on a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB