Discuss How was your week ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Anyone done anything nice this week ?
I have been working on a new house, Bathroom, Ensuite walls and floors, Kitchen, Hall and WC floor.
It was nice to work which some decent tradesmen and made anew contact anyway , maybe 2 ?
When I started on Monday it was an empty shell, just a building. The clients have been painting on the evenings and during the day, Myself, a carpenter and plumbers ( central heating) have been working. In just a week the basic shell of the house is looking more like a home. Should finish off tomorrow except for a few extras and afterthoughts.x

B

Bubblecraft

How was you week ?

Kind of posted a few pics of my current job on another thread. Full bathroom fit.

Start of the week looked like this
4ynuguby.jpg

sysety9u.jpg

zyda6uvu.jpg

qa5ybyqa.jpg

a9usypud.jpg

By the end of today it looked like this
y6ubutyt.jpg

2upehu3u.jpg

8asanudu.jpg

qu7yrypu.jpg

u9e6y6yt.jpg

Few bits & bobs to finish off on Sunday. Facing, new door, gloss work, silicone etc. Customer has been great to work for & has gave me the rest of the house to do. 3 bedrooms & hall to be stripped, artex removed, plastering then decorating. After that, the downstairs bathroom & then the kitchen. Pretty chuffed. She even brought her friend over this afternoon to see her bathroom & she took my card for a long list of jobs to be done!

D

DGJ

Nightmare of a week for me,bathroom refit working in the prefab from hell! Not a solid wall in sight, spaghetti pipe work done by the numpty who done the job in the first place and made a complete botch of the job!

Working for the less able and elderly there is nothing I hate more than seeing rouge tradesmen (employed by local authorities) making a botch of people's homes! They might not be paying for the work but that's no excuse to make a complete pigs ear of someone's home!:mad2::thumbsdown:

Thats my rant over

D

Dougs Third Go

not a bad week until yesterday morning. Woke up and my leg/hip was hurting, steadily got worse to the point where I can't put any weight on it unless it's straight, no idea what's brought this on, only thing I can think of is that I did a small 8m2 floor without any kneepads and maybe somehow that's affected my hip. According to chemists alcohol is a solution,,,chemists are my kind of solution guys:lol:

a2egebah.jpg
Self levelled a 20 m2 dinning room on Monday, tiled it on Tuesday ! Went back to grout on Wednesday expecting the clients tiles to be in for her kitchen , and guess what they hadn't arrived! So had to take 3 days off, what is at the minute with customers tiles not arriving on time , this costs me money everytime it happens !

Started a big job this week about 250 sqm this week. Prepped and completed first wetroom after a few issues with incorrect tile delivery. Went to start second wetroom today only to find out that the client is not happy with the difference in shading of the tiles from the ones she ordered in the showroom. Job stopped.

T

Time's Ran Out

40sq metre wet room/ en suite / bathroom all in one! Not one wall had more than 10 full 300x300mm porcelain tiles with windows, mosaic inlays, boxings etc. Should have been finished and home by Wednesday but still grouting on Friday when plumber came to do 2nd fix! Still first job for new bathroom design Co. so have to keep all parties happy. My only complaint this week - 2 big windows, great view over a valley location - and they have frosted glass!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How was your week ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling Courses – Learn To Tile 2 Day Tiling Course An introduction to ceramic tiling and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
We stopped the tilersforums.com Job Of The Month Competition a while back because it was quite a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls. Need a bit of feedback from you, VIA EMAIL (I'll close this thread) - Send...
Replies
Views
How often do you fellas do your accounts, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly? It's that time of...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB