Discuss How would you fit my shower room? in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

L

lambbby

Hi everyone, I've always found your advice and source information to be invaluable. However now its time to ask for your thoughts and opinions on the best way to complete my downstairs shower room. I have a 3sq metre room the shower tray is fitting intoan alcove of which has been aqua-boarded, skimmed and tanked. The shower tray is 1100x700mm. The floor has been screeded on a to a concrete base and backfilled with karndean flooring. The pictures below show the shower tray dryfitted onto a riser board. The walls are going to be finished with mermaid paneling
1. The gaps around the two walls are around 12mm.Is this too much or can I simply fill it with silicon.
2. How do I fix the riser tray to the concretefloor. Drilling the holes for the adjustable legs would be a difficult. Would Ibe better to scrap the riser kit and build up with plinths and a ply base. The reason I choose the riser kit is the house has previously suffered from subsidence and although now flat is still far from level.
The walls have taken a serious amount of effort to get plumb and level! How do I add photos being a new member?

Reply to How would you fit my shower room? in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First time poster and tiler here. Hoping to get a bit of advice on tiling a wet room...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
V
Just been to a well respected bathroom place with a fairly well formed plan of how to do my...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB